Monday 30 June 2014

The lonely bouquet


So two paper down for prelims a couple more to go. Just a quick update on what happened today. So I was having a study date with my friends at Greenwich. It was a really typical kind of study date , like to coffee bean and flipping and reading of notes until Priscilla asked me to go to the washroom with her. On the way to the washroom , we passed by a flight of stairs and there was a bouquet of sunflowers on the pillar. So the first instinct was definetly
 " Why is there a bouquet of sunflowers there ? "
" Was it meant for someone ? "
" Who is this meant for ? "
" Why is this bouquet of sunflowers left here ? "
" Was it intentional or did someone left it there by accident ? "
There was pretty much a lot of questions running through my head. And obviously a typical break-up scene where the girl rejected a guy and left the flowers there. Being so curious , I read the note that was tied on to the flowers. It reads " Adopt me and like me on facebook " Or at least something that goes a long the line. It was a really pretty bouquet. And trust me sunflowers sold in Singapore is pretty pricey. Not only that , the wrapping was really nice so I presume it must cost quiet a lot. I took a pictures of the flowers , fiddled with it a bit and left for the washroom . While waiting for Pris to use to washroom , I think to myself , it was such a simple act that made me think so much about life. Not only that , it really warms my heart knowing that there are such people , willing to spend money to spread the happiness in Singapore . Although I know that this 'campaign' was not started in Singapore, but still , it just warms my heart and brought a smile to my face. It kind of made my initial-gloomy day. Although I didn't keep the flowers because firstly , my friends was with me and it will be really embarrassing to take it and secondly I believe that someone out there deserves it more than me. This made me think that , a simple gesture can really make someone's day or at least , my day. After I went back to coffee bean , I'm still able to catch a glimpse of the flower. I watched as the people walk pass , oblivious about that beautiful bouquet of flowers. No one touched it , no one picked it up and read the note. If only everyone could stop and take a look. Or I would totally love to stay and watch whoever is willing to adopt that bouquet of flowers.
So I went to do a little research and found the facebook page so here'e the link
THE LONELY BOUQUET

And also I went to do a little more research on the lonely bouquet. We are also able to 'prepare' than 'abondon' flowers for people to adopt.
here's the website
http://www.thelonelybouquet.com/

If you have the money, do spend it wisely. Such stuff is really worth spending on , especially when you are going to put a smile on someone's face. And of any of you know who was the one who left the bouquet of sunflowers ( which I doubt so ) do drop an email to me at maytinee29august@gmail.com because I would really want to know who did it. Okay, I'm really curious okay. Or if you are to shy to email me or whatnot, just want to tell you that , what you did was really really meaningful and heartwarming. :-)

" Do good and good will come to you. "

thats all folks. x

No comments:

Post a Comment